Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Why I like the blogosphere

Lot of my friends ask me why I spend so much time checking out the blogosphere, so here is why........
To me the blogosphere is like a window through which I can reach out to people with whom I possibly cannot make a connection in the physical world. Note, I do not use the term 'real world' since the things on the Internet are also real, they are just not tangible.

Barring a few exceptions, a typical life style ends up as a routine set of interactions with a fixed set of people. There are solutions to this situation, like traveling, changing jobs, taking up new hobby etc but try doing this when you have a 9-5 job and a family and a house mortgage and a ........ so on!! Thus the blogosphere (and Internet) allows me to transcend the restrictions and for a brief moment share other people's experiences - people from different parts of the world, people from different backgrounds, people doing some amazing things, or people just having just plain and simple fun. Where else can a person like me (9-5 job, family, house mortgage etc) get in touch with a physics professor with a flair for classical music, a writer/reporter who doesn't flinch while tackling a sensitive issue, an accountant who is an aspiring writer (a really good writer), a smart guy who blogs to discover himself, an awesome photographer who leads a challenging life while facing similar trials and tribulations as me (and probably millions like me), an aspiring belly dancer from a family background that will surprise you, a cool dude who made a life for himself out of Excel, an army dude who wanted to spend his life in the army but lost an arm in a road accident (soon after deployment!) and then went on to do MBA in a premier institute................ I can go on for few more paragraphs but you get the point. I can socialize all I want in the physical world but can never dream of coming in contact with such a diverse set of people and their experiences. Being in the blogosphere is like being in a bar where anyone can walk in at any time.

All these interactions enrich my thoughts, gives me a perspective in life, prevents me from achieving an equilibrium with my immediate surrounding. And the best part, this blog-hopping or blog-surfing hobby has infinite potential because the above list is a mere scratch on the surface. Did I tell you about the nurse/social worker in a remote tribal region, the school teacher who wants to make a difference in a small town, a tech guy who ends up becoming an entrepreneur ............ blogs and blogs to read before I sleep.

And what can I give in return - just open a window into my life

Happy Blogging

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anu said...

Welcome back!!
Very well written Arun. You have never described your answer so well before and hence we kept asking you the same question, 'why you spend so much time reading blogs'... now we know :)

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Well written!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home